Today's Adventure: Watercolor!

Hi, everyone! Marie here with something really neat.

I figured I needed to seriously up my watercoloring game, so I signed up for the Simply Watercolor class at Online Card Classes that is hosted by Kristina Werner; I'm glad I did because she is really good at watercolor!

Anywho, today is Day 1 of the class and I have three examples of what I'm doing!

Card 1: A really nifty technique that had me try plaid (and my shaky attempt doesn't look too bad); I will definitely keep trying in the near future, because I love the look of plaid!


Card 1: Mad About Plaid

Card 2: I really like how this turned out; the variation of color per row and column makes it eye-catching. 
Card 2: Grids!
Card 3: Another geometric design, but using circles as an example. I can definitely see this used for bubbles on other cards or possibly glass orbs, if the wash and shading is right.

Card 3: Circles

After finishing this first class, I can honestly say it was $20 well-spent. I've already learned a lot (and I really need to learn control on the brush) and I am pleased with my results.

Until next time...

Toodles!



Comments

  1. All cards came out great!! I'm still working on my last 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are so much fun; I really love how the grid looks at the end. The two you put up look fabulous!

      Delete
  2. All of your cards look awesome! I love the soft watercolor look on the last one. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting the classes together; so far, I'm learning a ton! I'm a watercolor novice (Other than using them with an embossed stamp, I haven't used them.).

      As for the last one, I did use a dry brush to wick off some of the color; I have a feeling I'll be using that tip a lot in the near future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 500...

Your Next Stamp Sketch #69 Challenge!

Keep Smiling! A SSS Card Kit Card Tutorial!