Today's Adventure in Watercolor: Typography!

Hi, everyone; Marie here (again) but with today's Simply Watercolor projects!

I am glad that Kristina brought up typography (lettering) because this was an area I was definitely lacking in. My handwriting is not all that great and it can be improved upon.  Thankfully, watercoloring helps in this regard!

Today's cards include the following:

Card 1: M is for...
Card one used the same technique to imprint an image onto watercolor paper but used a wet-on-wet technique for the color itself. I liked how this came out.

Card 2: ...mega-fancy


Card two was the same way but the color was applied outside of the shape (In this case, the fancy letter M.); I was pleased with how the color came out.
Card 3: Why, thank ya....thank ya very much.

Card three was one of the simplest to make and it took the least amount of time; it has a bit of an airbrushed quality to it and I am very pleased with how it turned out.


Card 4: I'm so colorful!

Card four included using almost all of the colors in my palette but I would definitely change it up so that the letters aren't as large or that I would include some sort of image with it. That said, I still think it's good to know for the future.


Card 5: "I'm even more colorful!"

Card five used various font styles and colors for this alphabet card; out of all of them, this one is my favorite. I even added an extra border since I didn't use that particular color as much. I can definitely see this in one color and different fonts or several colors and one font style; it's versatile!

Overall, this session was very fun and I can't wait for tomorrow!

Until next time....

Toodles!!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mojo Monday 500...

Your Next Stamp Sketch #69 Challenge!

Keep Smiling! A SSS Card Kit Card Tutorial!